Sunday, January 10, 2010

One Thing For Sure...

For those who follow Jesus,
His PROMISES are sure
and true...

So are you wondering what will happen
this new year too?

2010 could be a very exciting year for me ~
a lot of interesting possibilities await...
a new grandchild tops the list,
a cruise won in a raffle,
a new hip and
maybe a puppy to cuddle!


Yet none of these temporal things are guaranteed.
And as I watch my middle-aged college roommate
head off to live in China,
while another dear friend
has an emergency appendectomy,
I realize how uncertain each day really is.

Yet, our Awesome GOD knows everything!
And my confidence in the LORD
will always be rewarded,
for the apostle Paul said ~
"He who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion
until the day of Christ Jesus"

Philippians 1:6

And isn't THAT the most important
thing that can happen?

That I become more like HIM!

Giving my hopes and dreams to Christ,
my worries and fears as well.
"LORD help me trust you moment by moment."
Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Are you getting the new hip?? I have a friend in church who is going through the same operation. I'll keep you in my prayers. But the fun of winning a cruise!!! Wonderful! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post, Jesse. How reassuring to know that Christ will complete the work in us, when all else is bleak, He is our light, when all else fails, He never fails! I join you in your prayer of "giving my hopes and dreams to Christ, my worries and fears as well... LORD help me trust you moment by moment. AMEN!"

    Congratulations on your coming grandchild. Praying for you for your upcoming hip surgery. The picture of the puppy is absolutely adorable.

    Blessings to you, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jessica,
    A very nice post and oh, so true! It is so good to know we have one to pray to and hope in, for where would we be with out our sweet Lord. He does the best work in our lives, even tho it is sometimes not fun or is painful, but he knows what is best for us. He is a good God, and like you once told me that He spoke to your heart "he with holds no good thing from us". Amen!
    Congrats on being a grammy again. How is Katie feeling??? Better I hope and pray.
    I know the 20th is getting here fast, course,
    probably not fast enough for you, cause I am sure you are ready to get it over with, I sure would be!
    Wow, that is neat yall won a cruise. Hope everything works out so you can go and really enjoy yourselves.
    Blessings dear friend,
    Have and will continue to be praying about your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ! Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is my first time blogging since the move to Florida. Life has been so crazy busy with the move and Christmas was in the middle of it. Sigh...thankful for God and the strength that comes from him.

    Thanks for all your tips for the local area...just read them today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.