How grateful I am for your prayers!
God’s Healing touch was with my surgical team a week ago
and my hip replacement was a success!
Now the physically challenging and emotional process
of recovery is in full gear.
I could not do this without your prayers
or without the constant, loving assistance
of my wonderful husband.
These roses arrived from my brother Matt in Colorado.
He is always so thoughtful and I have enjoyed their beauty and the love
they represent every time I glance their way!
So, in between doses of vicodin medication,
here is a glimpse at my progress…
I came right home from the hospital, on the 3rd post-op day.
Our church family has been very attentive with meals and cards.
Maneuvering with a walker and not being able to sleep on my side
make both day and night seem very loooong.
Challenges with rented medical equipment are enough
to make us want to pull out our hair!
But gratefulness for God’s protection and provision
keep us rising above the annoying inconveniences.
NO SHOWER until day Eleven (24 hrs.after staples come out)!!!!!
Oh my, never had to wait THAT long before,
yet I’m determined to follow this
surgeon’s orders, so trying to survive with sponge baths.
How we take for granted the luxury of a shower.
The hot water caressing sore muscles and
washing away the stress of the day.
And it’s truly a banner day
Sweet independence!
Ever wonder what a hip replacement looks like?
Not on your top ten list of things to Google?
Well, the diagram below shows a
for a worn out joint.
In very elementary terms, this is how I understand it:
once the diseased joint is cut out, the thigh bone is reamed out
to accommodate an appliance with a ball head.
Also the pelvic bone is altered to accept a new “socket.”
Then with the strengthening of bone and muscle
around the appliance,
the new “joint” can imitate the one God created.
The physical therapist who helped me with my
first hip replacement in 2004
said that while witnessing this procedure for the first time
he was certain that the patient would never walk again!
What an honest remark! But was I glad that
my procedure was behind me when he shared this insight!
Oh, and walking and dancing are very real benefits
from “new” joints.
Well, Precious Ones –
I’m wondering how you are doing?
I pray that you are finding God’s Grace and His Promises
truly sufficient for the trials and challenges of this day.



Hi Jess,
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing okay! Know all this healing takes time, and seems like an eternity at times. You are so right to do exactly what the Drs. tell you and some. We thought it best to err on the side of overdoing a good thing rather than underdoing!! You can never be too careful with stuff like this.
Very nice flowers your brother sent, how sweet and thoughtful. Soon all this will be behind you and you will be getting around and doing that jig!! lol
Been praying for a rapid recovery for you.
Also for strength and energy for Tony, since he is your nurse.....and I know what that part is like. Hard for both parties. Here's hoping you will be feeling like your old self really soon hon.
Love and Blessings, Nellie
Dear Jess, So glad that you are feeling up to blogging. Can't wait for some time together. So sorry I couldn't do last night! It was best though.
ReplyDeleteCool diagram, my bionic buddy!! :o)
Love you so very much, and I know God is going to heal you up real good, and have you doing a happy dance before you know it!!
Love and prayers,
Beck
Hi Jessica, So glad to read your blog today and see that you are up at your computer again blogging and keeping us all updated. :) The roses are so beautiful! Have you seen any good movies lately? I should send you some DVD's to "rent" for a few weeks...I'll send you a list of what I have and you can pick the ones you'd like to watch! Love you, sweet friend! Your recovery is well underway now and you'll be walking before you know it....oh, and remember you mentioned that you'd like to take some dancing lessons with your husband soon! When you come to Washington we could hold a special dance in our garage! ha! Love you! ---Michelle
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful to the Lord that everything went well with your surgery and you are back. May our Lord give you the strength you need to complete your healing and therapy.
ReplyDeleteYou are right; there are so many little things we talk for granted and don't realize how important they are to our daily lives. I think every time I take a shower I'll remember what you said. And I'll remember to be thankful in all things as the Word states : )
Your brother's flowers are beautiful and cheery. I can just picture you smiling every time you look at them. It's such a blessing to be surrounded by people who care for you and love you. May the Lord bless your husband and give him wisdom so he may be able to continue to be a great support.
With much love,
Vivianna
What beautiful flowers indeed! It is 12 degrees and very blustery here in NE Ohio right now, so they look extra nice to me! So glad you are able to get on the computer lady. That alone will expand your world while you are recovering. So nice to hear from you! God bless you and heal you quickly!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you posting today! Have been wondering how you were doing. I know it is tough not being able to get around as usual. Can't imagine 11 days without my shower! UGH. We have a lot to be thankful for, don't we? I can relate though. I had surgery on my neck a few years back to remove a tumor inside my spine and was down for 9 weeks. Thought I was going to go crazy, because I am a very active person. Sure makes you appreciate life when you can get back up and around again. Will continue praying for you sweet lady.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Tara
I'm so glad you're home and doing better! I could not imagine going that long without a shower either!
ReplyDeleteAnother friend of mine had the same surgery this week, Tuesday and was home Thursday evening. Amazing how they get you out of the hospital so quickly these days. But I'm sure you'd much rather be home in your comfortable surroundings!
Hoping and praying you continue to regain your strength and you truly will be dancing soon! And I'm sure giving all your praise to the Lord!!!
Enjoy the weekend!
So glad you are doing better!! Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteCome back over soon.
I'm showering every day, sleeping on my side and counting my blessings!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I'm glad you're this far into your recovery and pray that the aggravations with equipment will lessen, that your sponge baths will be "enough" and that you will soon be able to sleep comfortably. Just a few more days until that shower!
I had a good morning playing the piano and leading over 40 residents in a hymn sing. I hadn't sung for 45 minutes straight for a long time, and my voice is very hoarse. I'm supposed to practice with the worship team in the morning and sing Sunday (just filling in for someone). This will be interesting!
Keep smiling and treating that wonderful husband well! God bless you both.
Hi Jess!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to know that you are on the mend...GOD IS GOOD! Praying still. Hugs and blessings!