Friday, May 14, 2010

Celebrating My Son


May 15th is my son Daniel's birthday...
Twenty Five years ago!

What a special day!
I remember it well...just after Mother's Day
and right before my husband's birthday,
he made his debut ~ changing our lives forever.

Thank you GOD for giving me a son
to raise and to love...
He makes us proud.
~~~
Daniel is thoughtful and sentimental,
caring and strong;
likeable and dependable.

(with baby nephew Amos, 2006)
~~~

When he was small, I sometimes called him

"BooBoo Bear"

Now I call him my "Pride"

and he calls me his "Smile."
~~~
Indeed, I am a blessed mother
eager to see how his life unfolds.

And right now he is traveling over seas,
doing camera work for the seminary he's employed at.
What an opportunity, what an adventure!
My prayers follow him daily.

May God bless him with good health,
wisdom and protection.

May this trip draw him closer to the
Heart of our LORD JESUS.

Happy Birthday Son!
You are loved!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Happy Birthday to your pride and joy. My son is about to turn 24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how did our sons get to be so old! I got out the Lego's the other day...we had a 6 year old here and he enjoyed playing with the Lego's that kept Daniel & Michael entertained for hours upon hours! Happy Birthday Daniel!
    And Michael will turn 22 in 2 more weeks!
    Love you! ----Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to Daniel...and as I always like to say, I think the moms always deserve special recognition on their children's birthdays! So congratulations to you too, mom! I can't wait to see some pics from his trip. I love that photo of Daniel looking out over the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your son! The pictures are really great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.