Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Crisis of Abundance!

My camera was acting up so the photo below is a bit "fuzzy," but this was my dilemma:  Too many vegetables and too much corned beef to fit in my large crock pot!  We had invited our neighbors over for a belated St. Patrick's Day dinner, and in an effort to "have enough," we had an over abundance. 

Facing an 8 hour cook time, I was in a hurry to get it all simmering. Concerned that greasy juices might overflow onto the counter and down the cabinet fronts, I folded up towels to use as barriers.  And still we had such an abundance of veggies and corned beef, that my sweet neighbor cooked the extra on her stove top, assuring both families of yummy left-overs.  

Even before we filled our bellies, a spiritual analogy flooded my heart.  Jesus answered his disciples' question about why he spoke in parables this way: "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. For to the one who has, more will be given and he will have an abundance..."  (Matthew 12:12)

Do I appreciate all the that GOD has made known about His nature, His purposes and His will?

Am I truly thankful for the abundance of Grace I experience because of Christ's sacrificial death?

Will I share the abundance of His unconditional love with those who don't know Him?

Just some food for thought!

4 comments:

  1. That happened to me as well last week only with the meatballs, sausage and sauce I was making. Glad your neighbor was willing to help out! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lois~
    Aren't we "abundantly" blessed!
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Abundance" - just keeps coming across my path! On Friday at our Ladies' Bible study one woman dabbed an oil on our foreheads named "Abundance"! It's scent went with me EVERYwhere I went the rest of the day!

    What great thoughts here, Jess! We ARE abundantly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, Love this post-and a very belated St. Patty's Day to you. You certainly cook your corned beef a lot longer than I do-maybe because it is in a crock pot? I cook mine around 2.-2.25 hrs.
    Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Noreen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.