Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Fun Read!

I just had to share these charming books by the accomplished author, Robin Jones Gunn.


What a FUN, Inspirational Read!  I would describe these fast paced novels almost like a Nancy Drew series for the "seasoned set" (if you know what I mean!).
And the whole concept of  "Sisterchicks" is wonderful!   Here's how she defines a Sisterchick:
"noun: a friend who laughs with you till you cry and cries with you till you laugh; a gift from God."

Each book involves a different pair of BFFs, and revolves around a road trip or journey, with lots of mis-adventures thrown in!  Can you tell that I've enjoyed them???

And what makes the time I spend engrossed in Robin's tales truly worthwhile, is that her characters always learn deep spiritual lessons.  No preaching...just life unfolding their need for GOD's healing and grace.

Last year I blogged about how much Robin's book "Gardenias for Breakfast" meant to me.  That precious story illustrates how GOD's Grace can ease the tensions that exist between generations of women in the same family.  I'm about to re-read that one!  Thank you Michelle, for being the Sisterchick who introduced me to these delightful stories...they really are a treat!

Want to know more?  Go to her website at:  http://www.robingunn.com/

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so tickled at how much you're enjoying these books!! :) Maybe they will also be inspiring you in your own writing adventures. :)
    Thursday Blessings to ya! ----Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess, I have never head of this author before and will check her out next time I'm at the library.
    Hope you have a fantastic weekend.
    Love, Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Jess. These books are new to me and I am always looking for something inspirational. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.