Monday, March 19, 2012

Thy Word is a Lamp...

to my feet

and a light for my path.

Psalm 119:105

Listening to Michael W. Smith sing these words today triggered my thinking.  The metaphor of a lamp for my feet explaining how GOD's Word lights my way took on a deeper meaning.  I realized that His Word can only be a light to my feet, illuminating my path, if I read it and apply it to my life

When I seek HIM in the Bible, I'm lifting a spiritual "lantern" to shed GOD's Light in order to dispel the darkness that crowds our culture.

Praising Him
 for His LIGHT
and His LOVE!

3 comments:

  1. I'm appreciating the succinctness of your last 3 or so posts... The words & pictures drive home truth quite powerfully. Thanks, Jess! I need that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have reminded me that I have to apply the Word! Amen. Loved this post, Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder for all of us! ME especially!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.