Saturday, March 31, 2012

Books, Books and More Books!

I LOVE to read!
There are so many authors who write exquisitely. 
Their stories nurture my soul and help me know GOD better.  Four anointed writers who come to mind are: Ellen Gunderson Traylor, Angela Hunt, Robin Jones Gunn and Karen Kingsbury.
I've collected their books, treasuring them and passing them on.  Still, my life is crowded with all kinds of tomes! (I've always wanted to use that word!  n. large, weighty books)

For instance, I never parted with my extensive art books from college more than 35 years ago!  In fact, my library includes books on drawing as well as art history; books on grandparenting; books on writing, weight loss, self-improvement and biblical fiction. These are just a sampling of the books I've collected, let alone the many Hubby owns!

The problem is that when we "downsized" last year, our books didn't!  And, with a lot more time to read since our move, I've added MORE so that my library is bursting at the seams.  Fun, you might think, but I have a real dilemma.  Where to store all these treasures?  Every flat surface in our house has a stack of books on it!  

And then there are the last TWENTY boxes in the garage...of you guessed it...BOOKS.


So, as I end this first quarter of 2012, I am determined to sort, gift, and store these wonderful friends.
Aren't books like friends? 
I have many sweet memories of characters I've met in books.
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.